Monday, May 16, 2011

The Path

The Path, 8 x 10, oil on linen panel

22 years ago we were dining with friends in the white room at Cold Springs Tavern, one of our favorite places for special dinners. All of us were consulting the menu with grave seriousness, which is funny because I think we had the menu nearly memorized, when my husband Tom asked: so what's everyone having?! Our friend Janet replied: hmmmm, I think, I'm.... going to have... a baby! 
What! That was a shock. For the timing and the actual news. Thats how we first learned of Brian. Seems like yesterday. Really! 
Last Friday, at the age of 21, Brian graduated USC. This young man is amazing and absolutely brilliant. Janet gave him a painting I created at Douglas Family Preserve. A little bit of Santa Barbara for Brian to take with him where ever his life's path takes him. 
Congratulations Brian. I look forward to seeing where you go.


Randy, Brian and Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment