Friday, April 29, 2011

Unlikely Places

One beautiful Saturday morning I headed north of Santa Barbara to paint these barns which I have admired for years. I don't know who owns the barns or what their purpose is. I just like how the light hits their surfaces and that they sit on a remarkable piece of property overlooking the ocean.
Thanks Rita, for joining me on this adventure. And being brave enough to park and paint on the 101! Not for the faint of heart.
This piece has been selected to be part of the "Local Color" show at Tennis Club of Santa Barbara, May 13 - June 6. Please join Chris Chapman, Tom Henderson, John Iwerks and me on Friday May 13th for the Artist Reception, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm.
Tennis Club of Santa Barbara, 2375 Foothill Road, Santa Barbara.

Barns with a View, 12 x 16 inches, oil on linen panel

2 comments:

  1. I have loved these barns on my northward-drives for years! I can't recall the greens being so vivid before this last rainy season - what a sight you've captured.

    ReplyDelete