Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Last Chance and Last Stand


This painting was created on the side of the road on Cathedral Oaks Road in Goleta one evening this past spring. I was peeking through the fence at this stand of eucalyptus trees which I've admired for years while carpooling my daughter to and from DPHS. I was happy to have a chance to honor the magnificent grove. Like many open spaces in the area, I fear this one day will succumb to development. That is why I titled it Bishop's Last Stand. Stop by Corktree Cellars in Carp to view this painting and others until the end of August before my show comes down. And while there I'd like to suggest a split of something bubbly and the "Crowd Cheeser" plate. Sounds like a great way to end a summer afternoon!

Bishop's Last Stand, 12 x 16

No comments:

Post a Comment