Thursday, August 11, 2011

Voyeurism or an Active Imagination



I started this painting late one night after struggling through another painting of the full moon rising behind the Santa Ynez Mountains. The moonrise painting was not a success, sometimes that happens. As I packed up my gear. I noticed this truck parked overlooking the Goleta Valley. My voyeuristic tendency revealed itself and I spied the people in the beat-up truck under the glow of the full moon and spent another two hours painting the scene. 

While packing up for the second time that evening, it occurred to me that there wasn't much going on in the truck. There was actually no one in there, and the truck was fairly new, not a ol' beater as I had imagined.

Parked, 8 x 10. Now on display at Corktree Cellars, Carpinteria

No comments:

Post a Comment