Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November Summer in Santa Barbara


The first week of November felt like summer. This warm sunny day reminded me why I live in Santa Barbara. From the Douglas Preserve I could see up coast, to UCSB and beyond. The day also brought a video crew out shooting for a local tourism organization. They asked to take footage of me while painting. Self consciously I said yes -- worrying that my butt looked XXL on video and wondered if my pony tail was attractively arranged. My hair takes on a life of it's own when I am out painting!
I've seen the footage and it looked better than I expected. Thank goodness I was in silhouette. I'll let you know when the video goes live, you can tell me if my butt looks fat. Really, you can tell me.

November Afternoon, 9" x 12", oil on board.

2 comments:

  1. No way does it look fat. You don't have any junk in yor trunk. Anyway. We will be mesmerized by your masterful painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holli! I'm making peace with me junk. Hope your project is going well and you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete