Friday, November 18, 2011

A View that Gives Me a Rush

Rush, 9" x 12"

Santa Barbara is beautiful. But LA serves up exciting vistas that really inspire me. I grew up in LA and worked with my father during the summer at his Downtown office when I was a teenager. There was special meaning for me to capture a scene I always found beautiful: city and traffic lights at dusk. I'm sure I traveled down that very street in the painting dozens of times with my dad when I was a kid. I never fail to appreciate the effect of car exhaust and urban humanity has on the evening sky.
I am honored to have this piece accepted into the California Art Club show currently hanging in Hennessy + Ingalls Art & Architecture Bookstore in the Third Street Mall in Santa Monica. The show hangs until January 15. The Opening Reception is tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to experiencing a bit of the LA art scene.


 Art Between the Lines:
An Unthemed Exhibition 
  
Opening Reception Tomorrow
Saturday, November 19; 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.

Hennessey + Ingalls Art & Architecture Bookstore
214 Wilshire Blvd., 
Santa Monica, CA  90401
 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry we missed this Cyndie! We were coming back from Hadley's game at LMU yesterday, and would have loved to have stopped in on your opening---but did not know about it. LOVE your work!
    Please put me on your mailing list.
    xo Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marcy. Thanks for thinking of me. It was a small event. There is a really fun one coming up at Carr Winery in Santa Barbara. Put Dec 9 on your calendar. I'll post more info soon.

    xo Cyndi

    ReplyDelete