Thursday, December 23, 2010

An Illuminating Creative Expression


If you live in Santa Barbara, do not miss seeing this insanity in lights on Quinientos Street. I love this house because, like me, this homeowner believes at Christmas too much is not enough. I was taught that it takes two people to paint a painting: one to paint it, another to know when the painting is finished. The trick is to become both those people. Fortunately for us, this artist has no shut off and apparently has no idea when to stop. 
There is a word I was brought up with that best describes this decorating phenomenon: ungapatchka. Is there a Spanish translation, I wonder? I'll need a Yiddish to Spanish dictionary.
I wish everyone a beautiful Christmas and a New Year filled with light and love. Take it easy this holiday season; turn off the computer; enjoy friends and family; and count those blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment